Roasted Hatch Chiles (Chili)- Available to buy Mid-July.
Visit our NEW Fresh and Spicy Roasted Chili-Chiles Website. Click Here.
Top tasting Roasted Hatch Chiles and Specialty Peppers.
In July we bring in the largest and meatiest Pueblo, Hatch New Mexico, and Grand Junction Anaheim Chili’s to be roasted. You pick out the heat and type of chiles-chili of your choice and we will roast it for you to perfection where the skin will slide off without wasting any chili. We are one of the only farmers markets that still offers you a TRUE Bushel of roasted chili unlike other Denver vendors. A true bushel should weigh 25 pounds. If they are in a laundry basket most likely you are being shorted and only receiving 1/2 to 3/4 bushel. Another issue you will encounter with Denver chili vendors is improper roasting techniques. All chili should be washed before roasting to get rid of dirt and possible pesticides so they are not roasted into the chili. Also the type of roaster and the amount of time chili is roasted plays a huge roll in how your chili will taste, peel, and the consistency. At Heinie’s Market we have state of the art roasters that are made entirely of stainless steel.
Where to Buy the Best Tasting Roasted Hatch Chiles and Specialty Peppers.
We carry a variety of specialty peppers including:
– Sweet Sunny Brook Peppers ( Heirloom ) – Fresno Pepper ( Red and Yellow )
– Sweet Banana Peppers ( Sweet Yellow ) – Sweet Pimento Peppers ( Sweet Red similar to Sunny Brook )
– Hot Hungarian Peppers ( Hot Yellow ) – Cherry Peppers ( Mild and Hot )
– Sweet Purple Bell Peppers ( Heirloom ) – Poblano Peppers ( Med-Hot Green Pepper )
– Sweet Gypsy Peppers ( Sweet Yellow ) – Shishito Peppers ( Thin Green )
– Italian Thin Skin Peppers ( Sweet Green Bell ) – Bhut Jolokia Ghost Peppers ( Extremely Hot )